Making Camp is the action of logging out of the world of Aberoth. It takes a varying amount of time to successfully log out, depending on the area the player is currently in.
The 'Makecamp' command Edit
Players are able to log out by typing the command 'makecamp', 'camp', 'save' or 'logout'. This command will start the camp and will display an appropriate message at the top of the screen. Performing any action during the camp will cancel it and require the player to type the command again. After the camp has completed, the player is successfully logged out.
Players will also automatically get logged out when they are killed and will respawn in the Recovery room when they log back in.
Closing the game window Edit
After closing the game window or becoming otherwise disconnected from the server, players will automatically start making camp. However, it will take some time for the server to notice, that the player is not responding (around 15 seconds) and only then will the server start the camp. During that time, the player is susceptible to getting killed.
Logout times Edit
The time it takes to successfully make camp depends on the area:
|Orcish Prison||3 seconds||camp|
|Starting Field||3 seconds||camp|
|Bat Cave||30 seconds||camp|
|Grassy Field||30 seconds||camp|
|Rogue Den||1 minute||escape|
|Stony Field||30 seconds||camp|
|Black Bat Cave (Lower area)||30 seconds||camp|
|Black Bat Cave (upper area)||3 minutes||escape|
|Orb Room||30 seconds||camp|
|Orc Cave||60 seconds||escape|
|Orc Cave (upper Master Alchemist area)||1 minute 30 seconds||escape|
|Grand Shamans Lair||3 minutes||escape|
|Wolf Caves||1 minute||escape|
|Desert Cave||30 seconds||camp|
When logging back into Aberoth the spawn location of the player depends on where they have previously camped out. The general rule is, that players respawn at the last entrance to an area that they used before logging out. However, there are some exceptions to this rule, most of them to prevent unfair situations when respawning:
- If the player logs out in the vault/guild vault they will respawn in the bank standing in front of the vault/guild vault door.
- If the player logs out in the Rogue Den, they will respawn in the Grassy Field, standing in front of the town door.
- If the player logs out after entering the Forest from the Wolf Caves, they will respawn at the Forest entrance leading to the Grassy Field.
- If the player logs out in the Maze, they will always respawn at the entrance leading to the Forest, regardless of how they entered the Maze
- If the player logs out in the Grand Shamans lair after leaving Magerlins prison, they will respawn at the entrance leading back up to the main orc cave.