He has been taken prisoner by the orcs and will ask you to help him escape. You will need a Prison Key in order to get to his room.
Attaining the Magic SkillEdit
|1||Give Magerlin the Prison Key.|
|2||Kill 30 Disciples.|
|3||Bring Magerlin 12 potions of invisibility.|
|4||Kill 20 Shamans.||
Reward: Recall, Conf, Drain.
|5||Bring Magerlin 10 scrolls of teleportation.|
|6||Bring Magerlin a Spellbook.|
|7||Kill the Grand Shaman.||Magic skill|
Note that these scrolls may not be exactly what you get, but what the Contributor happened to get!
Magerlin is able to help you become proficient in a certain class of scroll at a time. Bring him a glowing scroll, and the next time you use that type of scroll, the chance of a perfect cast increases. After being completed once, this quest is repeatable in the sense that dropping any other scroll will change which spell you are training. You can only train two spells from your focused school per day.
Bring Magerlin 50 clubs, 25 orc scalps or 10 eggs (or a mix of the three; clubs give 2% quest completion, scalps give 4% and eggs give 10%), and he will reward you with any random tier 1 or tier 2 scroll (excluding the scroll of teleportation) or a Casting Hat. This quest is repeatable, but does not give any experience.
- His name is a combination of the words "Mage" and "Merlin".
Conspiracy Theory Edit
- When Tavelor says "Ourik is the King of those Orcs, but he answers to a higher power." he may be referring to Magerlin, not the Grand Shaman, because you as a player bring Magerlin teleport scrolls, invisibility potions, and spellbooks, which orcs happen to have, and he never leaves.
- Also he collects their clubs, on the pretense of building a fire, but never has one lit.
- He may actually be a Necromancer, who controls the orcs, because he also takes orc scalp, on the pretense of burning it, yet the orcs have torches everywhere, so they probably aren't too flammable...
- Also he takes eggs for 10% of his quest, on the pretense of eating them but it's funny that the orc's skin is about the same shade of off-white-yellow as the eggs..... Pigment?